[vorbis-dev] PlusV algorithm

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Wed Jan 29 08:55:34 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 11:41, volsung at mailsnare.net wrote:
> All I'm trying to say is that there are not "obvious" winners and losers among the current generation of codecs at 64 kbps.

I agree. At such low bitrates, no current codec can sound transparent,
and I doubt that will change in the foreseeable future. Therefore, it
pretty much comes down to which one sounds least annoying, and this
depends way too much on the individual listeners and the chosen source
material. For this reason, different tests will give you different
results.

In the end, it comes down to what *you* prefer, and no statistical
analysis can tell you that.

Best regards,

Carsten Haese.