[vorbis-dev] vorbis on playstation 2

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Thu Feb 6 18:17:49 PST 2003

David Etherton wrote:
>>I suspect the main problem is accidental double-precision
>>constants. Most of these got fixed, but they have a tendency
>>to creep back in...
>
> There were definitely many of these in the 1.0 snapshot code I've been
> using.  Should I grab a cvs snapshot instead if a lot of them have been
> fixed post-1.0?

I fixed those long long time ago; some may have crept back
in.  I'll go see.

> I started changing M_PI to ogg_pi and all of the transcedentals over to

M_PI *used* to be defined to a single precision constant.

> ogg_sin, etc so that I could swap in single-precision trancedentals easily.
> I'm still trying to figure out what parts are decode-only, and of those,
> which are only during initialization (like the lookup table setups).

Maybe I should open source my Vorbis decoder, it has a
neat split between setup and block decode.  And no traces
of encode side, of course ;)

A very handy way to get rid of encode is to first get rid of
the encode data structures -- you'll quickly find out what
routines should go away.

As an aside, I'd like to clean up libvorbis, but then I'd
like it very much if someone else would merge Tremor back
into that codebase.

Any takers?