[vorbis-dev] Re:

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Thu Oct 10 05:50:18 PDT 2002

Torsdag, 10 oktober 2002, skrev du:

>On the other hand, it's certainly possible that the published
>specification contains errors that need to be addressed. It is not a
>monolithic document written in stone. The only way we'll really be able
>to sort those issues out is when people try to build stuff from scratch
>using the published data, and come across discrepancies. You're
trying to
>build something, you're pointing out errors, and they're getting fixed.
>Maybe it's not going as fast as you'd like, but there's definitely
effort
>being applied on both sides.

And as long as the spec contains errors, it makes no sense at all
as Moritz did to claim, that everyone is free to implement their
own encoder or decoder, or as Jon did to claim that the file format
is documented.

At the moment there is de facto no way to write own software with
support for Vorbis without using libvorbis, and there are indeed
situations where this is not possible.

Tor