[vorbis-dev] www.vorbis.com still down, httpd.conf bug?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Mar 14 17:35:41 PST 2002

> It is possible that this problem is because the VirtualHost entry was not
> configured correctly in the Apache "httpd.conf" file. Here is an example of
> what it should look like.
> It's also possible that the DNS record at the registrar was not setup
> correctly.

We're competent sysadmins here as well, but I double checked anyway.
All the virtualhost stuff works correctly.  And the fact that *I* get
www.vorbis.com (and others too) seems to disprove that theory anyway.

Do a host www.vorbis.com, and I bet you still get 207.181.249.5 instead
of the new ip even though host vorbis.com will get you the new ip.  It's
likely that your upstream provider has cached the record and is ignoring
the TTL or ignoring the secondary name server or both.

Reverse dns isn't set up yet, but I don't see why that would be the
problem for one name and not the other.

I'll find out what status is on reverse dns.

jack.