[vorbis-dev] www.vorbis.com still down, httpd.conf bug?

Phil Burk philburk at softsynth.com
Thu Mar 14 10:52:57 PST 2002

I can access "http://vorbis.com/" but not http://www.vorbis.com/. This means
that many existing links on the web are broken.

I have been told that this is because the IP address changed and that the
change has not propagated across the net to my DNS. But the fact that I have
been able to access "http://vorbis.com/" tells me that the change has
actually propagated to my DNS. So waiting patiently may not fix this
problem.

It is possible that this problem is because the VirtualHost entry was not
configured correctly in the Apache "httpd.conf" file. Here is an example of
what it should look like.

<VirtualHost {server.IP.address}>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/vorbis"
ServerName www.vorbis.com
ServerAlias vorbis.com
</VirtualHost>

It's also possible that the DNS record at the registrar was not setup
correctly.

Phil Burk