[vorbis-dev] Still can't compile vorbis-tools CVS

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Thu Jul 4 10:18:31 PDT 2002

Geoff Shang wrote:
> I'm getting the folowing when attempting to compile vorbis-tools:
>
> Making all in intl
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cvs/vorbis-tools/intl'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all-no- at BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL@',
> needed by `all-no'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/vorbis-tools/intl'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Since RC3, I got used to always give autogen.sh of the vorbis-tools all
the prefixes, since it never found libiconv or curl, sometimes not even
ogg or vorbis. I don't know whether this got fixed meanwhile (didn't pay
too much attention on this issue), but assuming it wasn't fixed, using
the following always worked for me. I still use all those parameters,
because I mostly got used to it, so I don't know if that's also your
problem.

(I use /usr as prefix for everything, since that's where SuSE installs
all its stuff. You might have to alter this to /usr/local)
./autogen-sh --prefix=/usr --with-ogg=/usr --with-vorbis=/usr
--with-libiconv-prefix=/usr --with-curl=/usr

I pass the same parameters to configure, too, and I have fairly new
libtool/autoconf/automake tools installed ... works for me, YMMV.

Moritz