[vorbis-dev] Vorbis memory consumption

Erik Olofsson erik at o3games.com
Sun Jan 13 14:16:33 PST 2002

I have been researching using vorbis for streaming (music and sound effects)
in our xbox game. As it turns out every stream takes about 300 kb when
decoding from it. This is pretty ok, if I only had to deal with one stream.
Unfortunately I have to be able to handle more streams simultaneously, and
400 kb would be ideal for all stream to take as a maximum.

Is it possible to share some of the data between streams? i.e. the
codebooks. If this is possible, how much work would it take ?