[vorbis-dev] command line .ogg streamer

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Fri Aug 30 05:51:42 PDT 2002

On Friday 30 August 2002 22:01, Nigel Weeks wrote:
> I have thousands of ogg files, and I want to be able to set up a playlist,
> enabling any computer on the network to listen to the stream.

Well do exactly that, set up a playlist. Presuming the MIME type
for ogg/vorbis is application/ogg then simply create a plain text
file with a list of absolute URLs pointing to the actual ogg files,
call it something.m3u and place it on your webserver where everyone
can get to it and tell your browser to respect that mime.type, and
to play it back with xmms or whatever app respects .m3u streams.

A real example:

# cat testvorbis/41_30sec-0.ogg.m3u
http://projects.audio.opensrc.org/markc/testvorbis/41_30sec-0.ogg

# curl -I http://audio.opensrc.org/home/markc/testvorbis/41_30sec-0.ogg.m3u