[vorbis-dev] command line .ogg streamer

Nigel Weeks nigel at aims.com.au
Fri Aug 30 05:01:31 PDT 2002

I'm terribly sorry if this is off-topic, but I've scoured the web for hours
looking for a working .ogg file streamer.

I have thousands of ogg files, and I want to be able to set up a playlist,
enabling any computer on the network to listen to the stream.

Sure, I did it with icecast and liveice when I was using mp3's
but now icecast doesn't come with liveice, (I found the source, though),
and I can't get it to handle .oggs (especially ogg123 for playing) to
work(dumps core)

Does anyone stream physical files, not audio input?

Please reply to me off-list if you do!

thanks!

Nigel Weeks
Aims ICP