[vorbis-dev] command line .ogg streamer

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Aug 30 07:25:39 PDT 2002

Hi:

icecast2 with ices2 should do what you want.  Note that these are still in
a pre-release state and documentation is somewhat lacking.

First read http://www.ziph.org/cvs.html for details on accessing the xiph
cvs repository.  You'll want icecast, libshout and ices.  These also used
to use varying combinations of the source sub modules avl, httpp, log, net,
thread and timing, but I suspect that you won't need to worry about this
anymore and it's no longer mentioned in the Hacking file of either icecast
or ices.  There are also other dependencies, like libxml2 and icecast also
needs libxslt, neither of which seem to be documented anywhere.  and of
course, they all depend on libogg and libvorbis.

the icecast at xiph.org list is probably the place to discuss this firther.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html