[vorbis-dev] dynamicly loading libvorbisenc on Mac OSX

Ralph Giles zen6669 at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 07:33:08 PDT 2002

On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 03:12 PM, Arne Scheffler wrote:

> I'm using the 1.0 release libs. So they are dylibs, and I'm able to
> load them dynamicly(?!). I've just imported an oggvorbis file into our
> app with the dylibs dynamicly loaded. So where do I find more info
> about it ? Or how do I build the libs with -bundle
> flag (I'm not very familiar with the gnu-tools)?

I don't understand the technical details, I just remember hearing you
couldn't load .dylibs dynamically.

We use libtool to do the linking. It looks like it knows how to do
modules, but I'm not sure how to tell it to do so. You can try hacking
the test in the libtool script to just always return '-bundle' instead
of '-dynamiclib' and see if that works. But if you're not familiar with
the gnu toolchain, you might be better off just building your own
modules in ProjectBuilder. That's fairly painless; just be aware not all
the vorbis source files are used: the Makefile.am files have a clear
listing of what's required.

  -r