[vorbis-dev] dynamicly loading libvorbisenc on Mac OSX

Arne Scheffler a.scheffler at steinberg.de
Thu Aug 15 07:12:27 PDT 2002

On Thursday, Aug 15, 2002, at 15:51 Europe/Berlin, Ralph Giles wrote:

> On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 02:36 PM, Arne Scheffler wrote:
>
>> The function "vorbis_encode_init" seems not to be in there if I am
>> using "NSLookupSymbolInImage". But
>> the tools "otool" and "nm" tell me that the function is declared.
>> Does anyone know, what I have to do to get this working ?
>
> Might be how you're building it? IIRC you can't dynamically load
> dylibs, you have to compile them with -bundle instead.

I'm using the 1.0 release libs. So they are dylibs, and I'm able to
load them dynamicly(?!). I've just imported an oggvorbis file into our
app with the dylibs dynamicly loaded. So where do I find more info
about it ? Or how do I build the libs with -bundle
flag (I'm not very familiar with the gnu-tools)?

> 'vorbis-dev-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

arne