[vorbis-dev] RE: [vorbis] Visual Studio .NET

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Apr 16 08:10:56 PDT 2002

> Nobody else using VS.NET?

It failed to install on my machine. Uninstalling and trying again caused the
install to fail even sooner. The fact that I have had betas of VS.NET on my
machine before may or may not have something to do with it. Either way, it's
not worth a re-install of Windows. Yet. *shrug*

> > we recently switched to using Visual Studio .NET and now I get a crash
> > inside Ogg Vorbis unless I recompile Ogg Vorbis itself with Visual
Studio
> > .NET. Are there any known issues like that? If possible I'd like
> > to use the
> > official binaries.

I suspect that this is the same 'must link against the same runtime' problem
that people were having with 'single threaded' vs 'multi-threaded' vs 'DLL'.
Except in this case, it is 'DLL version 5/6' vs 'DLL version 7'.

Why the fixation with 'official binaries'? I'd just recompile vorbis with
.NET.

Peter Harris