[vorbis-dev] format of http stream?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Apr 3 19:19:43 PST 2002

I am streaming ogg via inetd. Basically, I am outputing like:

oggenc -Q -b 1 -o - /some/wave/file.wav

This works fine with ogg123 (other than that I want the bit rate to be
lower than 55-100 range that it is doing).

I am using:
Ogg123 from vorbis-tools 1.0rc2
OggEnc v0.8 (libvorbis rc2)

But, FreeAmp for Windows slowly buffered up to 100% then said "Skipped
Corrupted File".

And WinAmp says can't connect. (I know it can connect -- see below.)

(This WinAMP and FreeAMP for Windows downloaded today.)

When I use ogg123 on my NetBSD box, it sends these headers to my ogg
streamer:

GET /home/reed HTTP/1.0
Accept: */*
Host: localhost

FreeAmp from the Windows box sends this:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: rainier
Accept: */*
Icy-MetaData:1
x-audiocast-udpport: 10000

And Winamp from the Windows box sends this:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host:rainier
Accept:*/*
User-Agent:Nullsoft Winamp3 beta 3 days build 466
Icy-Metadata:1

Winamp or Freeamp?

What headers should I send?

Or should I just use a real HTTP daemon?

My goal is to use a microphone and have a live broadcast. I guess I could
try to do it with a httpd with CGI. Anyone do this (without icecast)?

Where are the specifications on how to set up the streamer?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/