[vorbis-dev] Updated libvorbisfile patch

olivier at infolibre.org olivier at infolibre.org
Thu Nov 1 18:34:07 PST 2001

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 02:29:24PM -0800, rillian wrote:
> Maybe this if obvious, but all this is why multiplexed groups can only
> begin and end at chaining boundaries. At the beginning of the stream,
> just read pages until you find one w/o the b_o_s flag set; now you have
> all the substream ids that should appear in that segment. You can
> likewise count back from the e_o_s pages. This doesn't really solve the
> bisection issue, but perhaps thinking about it this way will help.
>
> Note that what we want libvorbisfile to do is play the first vorbis
> substream it finds in each chaining segment, not the just the first
> substream.

Well, if I understood correctly what you said the attached patch does
implement all this ;)
It does the b_o_s searching at beginning of the bisection function, and
doesn't much alter its functionning. It allows for 3 consecutive pages
w/o b_o_s before it forgive. This scanning cause a small overhead.

Do you think it would be an acceptable fix for this bug ? or is it just
way too ugly?

Olivier.

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: vorbisfile-multiplex-2.diff
</UL>