[vorbis-dev] OggMux, a simple ogg file multiplexer

rillian rillian at telus.net
Thu Nov 1 14:29:24 PST 2001

On Thursday, November 1, 2001, at 02:12 , olivier at infolibre.org wrote:

> Probably it would be best to find a way to have an idea of the
> interlaced nature of the file before we try _bisect_forward_serialno(),
> and use another function to guess stream boundaries if it doesn't
> seem plain chained bitstream. We could then get accurate values for
> pcmlenghts, and be able to play/seek the streams as if it was a chained
> file !

Maybe this if obvious, but all this is why multiplexed groups can only
begin and end at chaining boundaries. At the beginning of the stream,
just read pages until you find one w/o the b_o_s flag set; now you have
all the substream ids that should appear in that segment. You can
likewise count back from the e_o_s pages. This doesn't really solve the
bisection issue, but perhaps thinking about it this way will help.

Note that what we want libvorbisfile to do is play the first vorbis
substream it finds in each chaining segment, not the just the first
substream.

  -r