[vorbis-dev] Licensing and logo images

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Nov 15 15:28:46 PST 2001

At 11:04 AM 11/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>We're going to be releasing our app imminently and I want to make sure
>that A.) I'm doing the necessary stuff for using Ogg Vorbis and B.) that
>I'm promoting OV fully =)
>
>For the former, looking at the archives it looks like I just need to
>fully include the contents of the COPYING file somewhere, either as a
>separate file or possibly in the game itself.  Is this correct?

Correct. You can also plaster your game with stickers saying "We love
Ogg Vorbis", but that's optional :-)

>For the latter, I'd like to get a small version of the logo to put
>somewhere on our game (in the help section, for example).  Where can I
>go to get one of these?

There are versions of the xiph.org and Ogg logos as .eps files
around somewhere - those are your best bet since you can resize them
as you want, and get nice quality. Let me see if I can find a URL...

Damn, seems that they aren't on the web currently (and I don't have
a copy). Find Jack or Monty on irc (irc.openprojects.net, #vorbis),
or email one of them.

Michael