[vorbis-dev] Pre-echo like noises on Beta4

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Thu Mar 1 14:05:01 PST 2001

"Sam Gamgee" <bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com> wrote:

> I ripped and encoded 'A Day Without Rain' on the album with the same
> name By Enya into Vorbis using Oggenc and Oggdrop Beta 4 from the Vorbis
> site.  (You know, she is quite an encoder-killer.)  At all the bitrates,
> files encoded by Oggdrop had audible noises like a pre-echo.  For sure,
> I tried Oggenc at 350 bitrate only to find it also had the same result.
>  Although I don't think it is a decoding problem, just in case, I used
> Vorbis Winamp plug-in Beta 4 from the Vorbis site.

It would be good if you could take a 5-10 sec. wav clip from this
song (part where the artifacts are most audible) and upload it
somewhere so that we can all test it. It would be good if you can
use some lossless compressor (like LPAC) to compress the .wav
file to make it smaller.

Greetings,
Aleksandar