[vorbis-dev] ogg123, buffering, tag

Ingo Saitz Ingo.Saitz at stud.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 25 04:06:06 PDT 2001

MoiN

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 09:35:50PM -0400, Kenneth Arnold wrote:
> kcarnold_work contains my latest fixes, hacking, etc.
>
> If you would PLEASE test it on your system, especially with the
> buffering mods,

I had done a quick test with a todays checkout which showed some
problems.

Buffering does stop when the samplerate of the encoded file
changes. And it seems to leave zombies around at the end of each
song.

Also if you set the prebuffer big enough that it does not get
filled before the end of the song is reached ogg123 does never
start playing. This did happen to me at the end of the song when
I got a buffer underrun and ogg123 tried to fill up the prebuffer
again.

> btw, kcarnold_work branch has, among other stuff:
>  * play every nth frame and play every frame n times, just like
>    mpg123's d and h options (IIRC).

Cool, I have to try this soon. I believe it would even work
better than mpg123, which fails on a lot of mp3s  which make
extensive use of the mp3 bit bucket.

    Ingo

--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>