[vorbis-dev] ogg123, buffering, tag

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Jun 23 09:00:44 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 06:37:25PM +1000, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Kenneth Arnold wrote:
>
> > I'm going away after tomorrow for 3 weeks, and during that time I
> > won't have much time / connectivity to hack on stuff. If there are any
> > significant things you want in ogg123 before I go, speak up now.
>
> Does it yet support the http_proxy environment variable ala lynx and
> mpg123?  Oh and is it possible to get it to more intelligently handle 404
> stream not found errors rather than just saying that it's not a vorbis
> file?

Oh yea, proxies. I have been meaning to implement a curl streaming
input that would handle all of that, but I don't have time before I go
to do that. For streaming right now I'd recommend:

curl <options> <URL> | buffer <options> | ogg123 <options> -

which is basically what the internal curl input mechanism would do
anyway.

Oh, for streaming prebuffering would be useful. I think I can get that
in before I go.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>