[vorbis-dev] Anyone with an extended vorbisfile_example?

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 09:35:10 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Beckeman" <jonas.beckeman at monsterland.se>
To: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis-dev] Anyone with an extended vorbisfile_example?

> Ok, I almost got my .dll version working (still haven't added the .wav
> header, though). It reads and writes the files (supplied as filename strings
> to the function) properly, but it crashes just after writing (and I know
> ov_clear() closes the input file for me, so that's not it).

Ok, crashing means the debugger just pauses execution and shows you the place
where the program crashed (Usually either some sort of illegal access or an
unhandled exception).

> Unfortunately, I have little experience of debugging dll's. I tried making a
> test console app that links to my debug .lib file, but I got "unresolved
> external symbol" on my decode(char*, char*) function. I guess something
> isn't properly configured with the export of the .lib file?
> (The reason I can test the .dll at all is because I do it from a multimedia
> tool called Director).

Unless you write a Windows shell extension you should test your dll in the
context where it usually executes. If it is the Directory (from Macromedia?) set
that as the application to be debugged.

> Or maybe not! But then again, I'm not using the encoder part, so I could be
> safe...

Yes

Regards Ingo