[vorbis-dev] Anyone with an extended vorbisfile_example?

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 09:29:13 PDT 2001

Hallo,

> I spent the last two days learning ATL and COM and DirectShow.  My goal
> was to implement a DMO for vorbis decoding.
>
> I'm stuck on several questions, and it looks like there may be others
> working on this?

Of course there are: I myself!

> If you know a lot about directshow, dmo's, or are trying to do
> integration of vorbis into windows media player, please speak up :)

I'm currently working on some Vorbis DirectShow filters, but haven't released a
binary version yet. The source is in CVS of the ZoranNT project at SourceForge:

http://sf.net/projects/zorannt

I will make a binary release in about one week, which will contain at least a
reader to enable playback of Vorbis in Media Player. There are also some other
filters in that package, e.g. for embedding Vorbis into WAV and AVI files and
playing them back, but they may not be ready by then. Anyway I'll make an
announcement on the vorbis mailing list when the binaries are available.

Regards Ingo