[vorbis-dev] video compression using textured polygons?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at crosswinds.net
Sun Jan 7 02:25:37 PST 2001

Lourens Veen wrote:
> [snip]
> Then if we have a bunch of triangles, extract textures and do fractal
> compression using those. [snip]

Can someone direct me to some conceptual explanation of fractal
compression on the web?  It's starting to be mentioned frequntly in this
list and I would like if not to contribute but at least to be able to
listen :-).

> True, but if you can't write an encoder there's not much use to the
> codec is there? Unless you manage to get an infinite amount of monkeys
> to keep creating random files and wait until something that resembles
> the input file close enough rolls out...:)

If you really get an infinite number, you will have to wait 0 seconds...
BTW, if you do get them, could you give me half - you would still have
the same number.

> > Always happy to talk to smart people.
>
> Yeah, this mailinglist is good :)

Better than me, that's sure :-).  Back to learning...

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  No, No! You're not thinking; you're just being logical.
                                             - Niels Bohr