[vorbis-dev] now i'm a real vorbis guy.

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Tue Jan 2 23:48:47 PST 2001

> Until then, I don't see any reason to create yet another soon to
> be broken copy protection scheme.  It's a waste of time.

It would be good if Vorbis tools try to automatically insert copyright
statements (from CDDB database or something). Somewhere in the comment
headers. It's useful to have a unique identifier for a recorded track,
as well (the raw CDDB params, for example; something else would be
even better).

It's good (and relatively easy) to make sure copyrighted music is
marked as such; it's a lost battle to think you can prevent
copying it. Yeah, anyone can remove copyright information, but that's
not the point.

This is something that needs to go into the frontends, not the lib; but
we'll need standard comment tags for-em. Maybe it already exists; if so,
forgive my blabbering.

Dagdag,

Segher