[vorbis-dev] ov_time_tell returns NAN (-INF) after ov_time_seek to 0 s

Matthijs creepingdeathnl at metallica.com
Mon Feb 5 11:57:49 PST 2001

Hello,

If you call ov_time_tell(vf) after a ov_time_seek(vf, 0), it returns Not A Number (Negative Infinity). I tested this
only using Win32 MSVC++ 6 Dynamic, Release. Does it also occur on other platforms?

Is this the right behaviour? Seems wrong to me. Anyway, it caused a range check error in my code, and a
divide by zero when I disable range checking (I'm using Borland Delphi 5). I adjusted my code to work
around it but if this is the correct behaviour maybe you should add a note to the docs.

Matthijs