[vorbis-dev] test suite

Ralph Giles giles at ashlu.bc.ca
Fri Feb 9 23:25:24 PST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Kenneth Arnold wrote:

> > I'd prefer binary .ppm's -- the file format is trivial, and read/write
> > methods are both in Jack's and my code. Disk space should not be a real
> > problem today.
>
> But bandwidth is.

tar.gz handles that pretty well. :)

I agree supporting mng (or png or jpeg) isn't much work, and really
it's a front-end issue. Mng's support of color profiles will be important
as some point though, and delta-png will certainly be smaller. I guess we
can change formats as the project evolves.

The good news is Monty has agreed to let me set up a clip archive,
probably at media.xiph.org.

Holger: sounds like your codec is passing jack's experimental release in
features. Are you interested in checking it into xiph cvs and calling it
'tarkin'?

 -ralph