[vorbis-dev] Re: more clues re: bug report for oggenc in CVS: vorbis-tools/oggenc/encode.c

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Dec 3 22:42:51 PST 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 04:44:28PM +1100, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
| So it's not purely stdin related (which is good, because that code in
| oggenc.c looks just fine and trivial).

With regard to this single statement, it's slightly false.

If oggenc tries to autodetect the audio data type from stdin and fails then
it will dump core when complaining (because infiles[i] == NULL now).

There's a host of little things like this I'm seeing in the code I'm
reading while tracking down my real problem. Do you guys want me to
make patches for any of this stuff? And things like type schizophrenia
(assuming wchar_t == short in utf8_encode() for example) and the myriad
unchecked realloc() and strdup() calls.

As an outsider not in a frenzy of doing actual coding on this project
in some ways I'm well placed to notice trivia like this; do you want
to to do anything about it as I go?

--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs at zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Sorry, baby, I can't take you to the pizza joint tonight, I've got to go
back to the lab and split the atom.	- Ayn Rand, "What is Romanticism?"