[vorbis-dev] new ogg-tools module in cvs

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Aug 25 18:22:06 PDT 2001

FWIW, I've just imported my mng-over-ogg code into xiph.org cvs. There are currently too tools, both under the new 'ogg-tools' module:

    'oggmerge' is intended to multiplex files of various formats into a single ogg bitstream. Currently it only creates degenerate mng-over-ogg files. Next step is to add support for multiplexing with ogg vorbis files, and jack will likely be using it for his midi work.

    'oggplay' is intended to be a general testbed player for these new multiplexed substream formats. Currently it doesn't work at all, but I'm hoping to get it degenerate mng playback working this week. Currently it's SDL based, but we may switch to libao+libvo at some point.

It may make sense to move ogginfo over to this module as well.

In short, there's not much here, it's mostly inspired by the desperate need to get multiplexing working asap. So in the spirit of not losing code, have at. :-)

 -r