[vorbis-dev] Ogg MIDI proposal

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Sun Aug 26 12:39:18 PDT 2001

Jack Moffitt wrote:

> Maybe it was unclear, but I believe this is the intention, except that
> where a vorbis and a midi page come at the same time, the midi page
> comes second in the stream.
>
> I'm not really sure if there is any practical difference to putting it
> before or after Vorbis.

Ah, right. It makes sense now. But why would the midi page be second? Is
there a specific reason for that? If we put the page that is shortest
time-wise up front, you get better interleaving (because the next page
in that stream will come before the next ones in the other streams.
Better interleaving gives you better behaviour if streams get truncated.

Lourens