[vorbis-dev] q re vorbis packetizing in ogg stream

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Wed Apr 25 14:26:52 PDT 2001

xiphmont at xiph.org (Monty) writes:
> Well, more than that, neither the second or third header is currently
> guaranteed to occupy only a single page (together or each).  I'll
> probably limit both, temporarily for Vorbis I, to one page max, but it
> won't stay that way in the long run.

I understand.  Currently, the first header, the second header, and the data
following the third header are all specified (I think) to begin on a new
page.  My thought it that some convenience and simplicity would be gained,
with little cost, be also requiring that the third header begin on a new page.

> Write the code to always run.  Convenience isn't always a virtue.

I agree.  Ultimately there has to be a spec, though (unless you're
Microsoft ;-).

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com
  http://www.mathdogs.com -- problem solving, expert software development