[vorbis-dev] OGG Vorbis Project

Tim Gustafson tim at falconsoft.com
Tue Sep 19 20:31:30 PDT 2000

Hello again.

Sorry to send so many messages in one day, but I'm up against a wall
here.  I have a deadline and it's pretty important that I meet it, and I'm
hoping someone here can help.

Basically, I have a need to be able to compress PCM audio data for
transmission over the Internet.  I was going to use MP3, but then I read
about a really nice feature of OGG Vorbis which was the ability to stream a
lower-quality copy of an OGG Vorbis file by simply leaving out the data
that I don't need. (That's written under the last section of the FAQ at
http://www.vorbis.com/faq.html).  The fact that it's patent-free also helps.

I would really rather use OGG to do that over MP3 for many reasons, but the
most obvious being that it won't require much, if any, processor to take a
high bit-rate OGG file and effectively down sample it to the client's
preferred bit rate for that particular connection without affecting the
original file.

At this point, I'm in a situation where I'd just rather hire someone to
assist me with this.  I'm not a C programmer, and I don't understand enough
of what OGG Vorbis does to the PCM data to be able to mimic it's
functionality in Delphi, my native programming language.

I was wondering if any of you OGG experts were for hire.  Preferably one
that is in the NY metro area so we could work in the same room, but I'll
settle for someone who's remote.

What I need is someone who can port libvorbis to Delphi, preferably as a
VCL (native Delphi library) but I will settle for a DLL with all the
headers translated as well.

Anyone who's up to the challenge and would like to make a few extra
dollars, please let me know.

Thanks.

Tim

   Tim Gustafson                          tim at falconsoft.com