[vorbis-dev] OGG Vorbis Project

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Tue Sep 19 21:22:58 PDT 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Tim Gustafson wrote:

> I would really rather use OGG to do that over MP3 for many reasons, but the
> most obvious being that it won't require much, if any, processor to take a
> high bit-rate OGG file and effectively down sample it to the client's
> preferred bit rate for that particular connection without affecting the
> original file.

You might still want to consider mp3, if the library issues there are less
problematic. At the current level of optimization, you could probably
encode two seperate mp3 streams with a polished app like lame in the time
it would take for one vorbis stream.

Of course, this difference will vanish over the next year or two,
and Vorbis is superior for all the reasons you mention, so if you ever
have to look at this again, it might be worth the effort.

> What I need is someone who can port libvorbis to Delphi, preferably as a
> VCL (native Delphi library) but I will settle for a DLL with all the
> headers translated as well.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Delphi. :-/

Good luck,
 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca