[vorbis-dev] Vorbis on OS/2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Sep 11 00:17:24 PDT 2000

At 07:15 PM 9/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Following a few months of lurking on the list, and vainly trying to get
vorbis to compile
>on os/2, I finally managed to get the nightly gzip from saturday to
compile (fairly)
>cleanly, and so have finally been able to play with Vorbis on my OS of
choice :)

This is cool. Were there any changes needed in libvorbis itself? (If there
were, let us know - libvorbis is intended to compile on pretty much any
modern platform out there)

>Using the EMX runtime system, and bash for OS/2 (along with a few ported
GNU apps),
>both configure and make work fine (except for ogg123 naturally). Oggenc
seems to
>work, and I've sucessfully encoded a few files using lame 3.86 with ogg
support, and
>played them back on a linux system.

Oggenc probably has the same problem when using stdin/stdout (which is
supported). Have you made changes for this too, or did you decide that it
didn't matter enough? The way things are set up you should just be able to
give a replacement function for setbinmode(), which exists in oe_win32.c,
and is defined out for unix.

>someone with CVS access please add the following three lines below the WIN32
>binary fix in examples/vorbisfile_example.c examples/encoder_example.c
>examples/decoder_example.c
>
>#ifdef __EMX__ /* OS/2 EMX System needs stdout set to binary */
>      _fsetmode(stdout,"b");
>#endif

I'll do this when I next have a chance.

Michael

p.s. Please wrap your lines at < 80 columns