[vorbis-dev] Interesting coding problem ..

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Sat Oct 7 04:45:42 PDT 2000

Hi all:

I came across an artifact using vorbis 1.0beta2 which might be
correctable.  I've put up a webpage with both OGG and MP3 files of the
original source material.  Since the original wav is 42MB, I haven't put it
there.  However, I have cut off the last minute or so where I think it's
most noticeable, and will be putting that up
there too, shortly.  I tried encoding from the MP3 file for the hell of it
and detect very similar results, so if you'd rather do that then you can.

The website address is http://www.braille.uwo.ca/~geoff/vorbis/ .  I'd ask
you to treat this as a copyrighted work and restrict use of this material
to those permitted in the copyright statement.  This is merely to protect
the copyright owners' rights to their material.

Geoff.

PS: I was going to post this to the user list, but since you guys were
talking about it ...

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701