[vorbis-dev] Interesting coding problem ..

Robert Voigt robert.voigt at gmx.de
Tue Oct 10 10:24:45 PDT 2000

I listened to the piece and found the atifacts. It sounds like an echo
with very short delay. First I thought it could really be a limitation
of vorbis, because in pure voices there's not much masking that can be
exploited for compression. But now I think it could be a bug. I haven't
tried encoding with postbeta2 yet. I'll do that and then I may have a go
and play with the psychoacoustics. That's all _I_ can do. Someone else
should look for a bug as well.
I don't think it will be solved in the next days. So why don't you just
write the wav on a CD and send it? That would solve your problem with
tranfering the file. But thank you for pointing the encoding problem
out.