[vorbis-dev] state of cvs

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Mon Oct 2 20:52:02 PDT 2000

if you're going to compile vorbis you'll need the following modules

ogg
vorbis

if you're goin to compile the plugins you'll also need

vorbis-plugins

if you're going to compile the tools you'll need

ao
vorbis-tools

all of these should build with exception of ao and vorbis-plugins.

There were some problems from the merge that I didn't catch before
leaving for austin, but I have fixed these today.

The reason they are split, is because most likely nothing in ogg will
change much.  And if you're working on tools, you probably won't be
working on libvorbis.  and if you're wokring on a new codec, you won't
want anything vorbis like :)

We'll try to get it so that you can grab heirarchies at once, but until
we figure that out you'll have to download the separate modules.

jack.