[vorbis-dev] Problem with vorbis-tools configure

R.L. Horn rlhorn at mailroom.com
Wed Oct 25 20:16:02 PDT 2000

Can I truly be the only one who's noticed this?

The current mainline vorbis-tools won't build (at least on my linux box
with dynamic libvorbis).  The problem is that the AC_CHECK_LIB for
libvorbis (vorbis-tools/configure.in) is being called without telling it
to link against libogg and libm.

In other words,

AC_CHECK_LIB(vorbis, vorbis_info_init, LIBS="$LIBS -lvorbis",
  AC_MSG_ERROR([You must have libvorbis to compile vorbis-tools!!!]))

Should be

AC_CHECK_LIB(vorbis, vorbis_info_init, LIBS="$LIBS -lvorbis",
  AC_MSG_ERROR([You must have libvorbis to compile vorbis-tools!!!]),
  -logg -lm)

This takes care of undefined references to oggpack_* and rint in
libvorbis.

This may just be a problem with older AC_CHECK_LIB macros (are newer ones
more sophisticated?)