[vorbis-dev] ogg stream-id options

Ralph Giles giles at ashlu.bc.ca
Mon Nov 20 14:04:47 PST 2000

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:07:39 -0800 xiphmont at xiph.org (Monty) wrote:

> Finally there is the 'metadata stream', a full fledged stream type
> (just like vorbis is a stream type) intended to contain arbitrary
> metadata.  Here's where pictures, bios and the kitchen sink are meant
> to go.  Here's the only place where XML begins to make sense.

Pictures don't belong in the "metadata stream" either. They're data in
their own right and should be in their own logical substream. Same goes
for like subtitles/lyrics.

Actually, I think cover art belongs in a separate file altogether.
(Download the album, get 13 copies of the graphics!) But that's a
level above, and it could make sense in a streaming context.

 -r

giles at ashlu.bc.ca