[vorbis-dev] comment field proposal

David Terrell dbt at meat.net
Fri May 12 21:38:11 PDT 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 02:15:31PM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:
> At 09:06 PM 5/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 01:50:58PM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:
> >> Tools to edit the comments would be nice. I was thinking of writing one
> >> later today, actually (If I can get my comp sci and physics projects done
> >> in time...). Since I hate (HATE HATE HATE) writing actual interface code,
> >> it'd probably be pretty simplistic, but I'll try to make it clear so that
> >> other people can add a nice interface to it.
> >>
> >> Might take some work though. Could be a few days until I find time to
> >> finish it.
> >
> >I'll add that to my (growing...) feature list for the new cmdline tool
> >I'm developing now; if you'd like.
>
> Oh, ok. I'll probably do this anyway, just for fun, and so I can understand
> the encode-side library interface a bit better.
>
> Alternatively, if you'd like help with your program, that might be a more
> productive use of my time, and would help us get a working reasonably
> full-featured command line program ready for general consumption that much
> sooner.
>
> Either way, I don't mind - as long as I get away from windows programming
> for a while ;)

A separate utility for _editing_ captions could be pretty easily merged
into cmdline later.  Right now I just need to add captions to tracks that
are being merged, and well, that's easy. :)

--
David Terrell   | "To increase the hype, I'm gonna release a bunch
Nebcorp PM      | of BLT variants (NetBLT, FreeBLT, BLT386, etc)