[vorbis-dev] comment field proposal

Frank Earl fearl at airmail.net
Mon May 15 20:48:31 PDT 2000

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Monty wrote:

> Yes.  No HTML/XML in the comments. Sorry.  I'll build up a good rant if
> everyone is really interested.

Uh, while I'd bet good money that it'd be an awesome read, I think I'd pass,
beings that I concur wholeheartedly.  XML/HTML/SGML all have their place;
beign in everything in creation ISN'T it.- especially not in Vorbis, I think.

> Well, I want it to be extensible, but trivially so.  A few fields for a
> player/search engine to look for and a space for people to put in what they
> like (and be able to just display it all if desired).  Very easy.  very
> flexible.  No XML parser involved.

No bloated XML either.  I can see word processor, spreadsheet, presentation,
etc. documents benefiting from the use of XML in some form or another for use
as a common format.  But to put something like that into this?  Whatever for?
It's not a representation of a printed document- of which XML was really
designed for.

--
Frank Earl