[vorbis-dev] Kenneth's Second Commit

Andy Key scsiprog at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:44:11 PDT 2000

>Just out of curiosity.  Why don't you just use the filename for the time
>being for the name that is printed out in winamp.  Right now unknown track
><encoded by xiphophrus... isn't very useful when playing tracks.  Just a
>thought.  I'd do it myself but I can't compile under anything but cygwin
>and
>I'm not sure how to build the winamp .dll that way.

I've gotten it to build under Mingw32 (another win32 gcc port), and the
steps should be about the same for cygwin (just change one parameter for
dllwrap).  You'll need the winamp plugin headers as well...
1. Create a .def file for the dll:
    EXPORTS
    winampGetInModule2
2. Compile the module:
    gcc -o vorbis.o -c -I../include vorbis.c
3. Link the dll:
    dllwrap --dllname in_vorbis.dll -dev vorbis.def --target i386-cygwin32
-L../lib vorbis.o ../lib/vorbisfile.a -lvorbis

Andy