[vorbis-dev] WinAMP plugin problems

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Wed Jun 21 02:31:57 PDT 2000

I downloaded the winamp plugin from www.vorbis.com
and one song w_calabazita.ogg (artist: W, title : Calabazita - Jason
House mix).

It plays well, but if I use the Speaker Simulator effect plugin
( version 0.60b , from http://www.url.ru/~copah/ ), then the sound is
full with clicks and pops, like if it is constantly clipping.

I may be the lack of CPU power , but Task Manager shows between 40-50%
CPU usage. ( it is less without the effect plugin ).
I have a PII 300MHz under NT4.0 with 64MB RAM.

David Balazic

P.S.: About the problem of corrupted songs due to ASCII conversion
( CRLF <-> LF ) , try running them through UnCook ( search the net for
this util, start at mp3.com )