[vorbis-dev] Ogg/Vorbis DLL for Winamp - PiMP Installer

Manuel Amador Rudd-O amador at alomega.com
Thu Jun 22 14:08:55 PDT 2000

Hi,

I've had a couple of ideas for ogg123.  Would it be possible to use libesd for
playing Vorbis files with ogg123?  It so happens that the majority of people
using Linux desktops are running GNOME, and we have to suspend EsounD first.
Besides, libesd does a great job at mixing multiple streams and adds network
transparency.  Thus, ogg123 would be absolutely ready for prime time on network
stations (a fancy name for X terminals).

My $.02.   Thanks for your time.  I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Jason Rizio wrote:

> Hello from a newbie to the group =)
>
>    I have been reading this list for a few days now with great interest. I
> have decided to contribute (in a small way while my exams are on). My
> contribution is an Ogg/Vorbis Winamp plug-in installation using Nullsoft's
> PiMP installer.
>
> It automatically installs the in_vorbis.dll into the user's Winamp Plugins
> directory.  Also at the end of the installation it automatically launches IE
> and points it to http://www.vorbis.com/winamp.html (temp for now)
>
> I have recently learnt also that if the Ogg/Vorbis plugin was to be included
> in the Plugin collection at Winamp.com then it needs to have a PiMP
> installation.
>
> the files are available below at your perusal:
>
> (1) Ogg/Vorbis PiMP executable installation file -
> http://firecatmotorsports.com/oggvorbis/oggwinamp.exe
> (2) The PiMP Installation config file -
> http://firecatmotorsports.com/oggvorbis/pimp.zip
>
> Jase