[vorbis-dev] Decode questions

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Feb 16 15:06:30 PST 2000

> Can you please give me a heads up when the code in CVS is a bit happier?

It is done.  Thanks for giving me that gentle kick.  Developing on two
machines, neither synced with CVS... ;-)

> Of course we need to give the user the option of choosing what format they
> want it in -- my main point was simply to avoid the extra pass across the
> bus.

Sure...  But you have to end up with code for each one else you've got lots of
logic in a tight loop.  Old libOgg had this code in the low-level lib and I
moved it out this time around.  I can move it back in, the old code worked
well, it was just a bit large (specific loops tunined for each case).

> Cool -- I will find some time here and there to get Vorbis support into
> FreeAmp. It shouldn't be more than a couple hours of concerted effort to get
> it up and running.

Nope.  Things are still at the 'break the bitstreams for each new day' stage
but not for much bloody longer.  BTW, do you know any good tech writers with
way too much time? ;-)  These APIs need to be documented, then the bitstream
format itself...

Monty