[vorbis-dev] Decode questions

Mayhem & Chaos Coordinator robert at moon.eorbit.net
Wed Feb 16 14:50:22 PST 2000

> Oop, sorry, I though I committed the fix for this... the residue header
> unpacking is out of sync with the packing and the decoder example doesn't
check
> the return value.

Can you please give me a heads up when the code in CVS is a bit happier?

> That assumes that you always want the output in a specific, predetermined
> format (like 16 bit interleaved stereo, particular endianness).  OTOH,
it's
> pretty clear that most people will, in fact, desire 16 bit PCM in host
> bytesex... so I guess I should add this, yeah.

Of course we need to give the user the option of choosing what format they
want it in -- my main point was simply to avoid the extra pass across the
bus.

> > I also get the feeling that this might be jumping the gun a little bit.
> > :-)
>
> Nope, you're right on schedule.  I'm just a bit late as always.

Cool -- I will find some time here and there to get Vorbis support into
FreeAmp. It shouldn't be more than a couple hours of concerted effort to get
it up and running.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert at moon.eorbit.net  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert