[vorbis-dev] [ogg123] buffer done ... almost

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Thu Dec 28 23:55:21 PST 2000

Yes it is 2:42 PM, and yes I stayed up finishing ogg123 buffering. But
I'm not committing it because I'm really tired now and I'm very, very,
very suprised it even worked (the first time!). I see why people use
semaphores; I thought select() and a signal could work just as
well. The select times out every second, so it keeps the buffer
relatively filled without eating up loads of CPU.

Oh crud that won't work :( dahm. I'll fix it when I wake up. Problem
is I can't really test this under big load (nothing good to do with a
P3-450 except play quake, which I don't have yet).

Note to self: we only SIGIO the parent when the buffer is empty. Gotta
be a good deal smarter than that :) user-adjustable buffer fill.

till not flexible enough to say "wait until buffer is x % full before
playing" which would be useful for HTTP streaming. I haven't solved
all the problems, but I'm working on it.

Not anymore. Good night.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>