[vorbis-dev] Behind on email and getting worse

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Dec 15 13:45:31 PST 2000

Hi folks,

You may have noticed I haven't been very active on the lists recently.
At the moment I'm very busy in a non-technical capacity to get
xiph.org set up and somewhat more self-sufficient in a number of ways
after the demise of iCast.  It's work that needs to be done and in
general that work is going well.

However, it's taking alot of time I'd otherwise be spending coding and
answering email.  Coding still also must absolutely happen, so email
is suffering.  Quite a few things have gone on the lists recently that
I'd love to spend lots of time discussing (especially the new
high-band work Jean-Marc Valin is experimenting with) but
unfortunately, if an email replay requires more than 10 or 15 minutes
of thought (and several interesting ones would take hours) I've been
letting it be until I have the time to answer.  Needless to say, this
stack of email is getting deeper every day.

The 'executive' type stuff I need to do now is just a big push to get
things set up and shouldn't alst too long (not longer than the next
month I hope).  I'll be catching up as soon as I can.

Monty