[vorbis-dev] vorbis.com/faq.html

Rudy Moore orn at upl.cs.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 29 22:45:03 PST 2000

Hi Monty,

How can I contribute?  Excellent project and I'd like to help out where
I can.

My skills set is broad, but my time commitment has to be tempered for
now.  I've got very strong VHDL skills (it's what I'm doing right now
professionally).  I can code and read code in C, C++ and a bunch of
different assembly languages.  I can write and do web stuff.  I have
great (by most standards) unix/linux skills.

I don't know a lot about music, sound theory or the vorbis spec right
now.  I tried reading your documentation, but it seems spotty.  Maybe
I was looking the wrong place?  Ideally, I'd like to build a GPL'd
VHDL implementation of the Vorbis standard - but that's probably a lot
more time commitment than I can really sign myself up for.

Anyway, great work!  Point me and I shall go.

Rudy

(BTW, love cdparanoia too!  Used it for a long time until I degenerated
to Windows encoding.  I wrote some spiffy perl scripts to use cdparanoia
under linux; I just got converted by the sheer number of features some
of the commercial Windoze rippers have.)

Rudy

|               Bit bang, bit bang, my link light is lit.                |
|                   Reload, reload, my data just sit.                    |
|                     FNI, BPI'd, I registered it.                       |
|________________Reboot, reboot, the connection's shit.________rudy moore|