[vorbis-dev] vorbis.com/faq.html

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Dec 29 22:29:57 PST 2000

> You could make a remark about _not being able to_ charge for the format
> (or the
> library) at a later time, because of the (L)GPL.

The format is public domain (although we reserve right to certify
official compliance).  Only the code is (L)GPL.

> Naah, Vorbiws sounds _much_ better :-)

In mono, this is 100% true.  In stereo, mp3 still beats us now and
then.  I'm working on coupling now.

> How about mentioning my name? Here or anywhere else, but I'd like to be mentioned
> _somewhere_. I'm not doing this stuff for nothing, you know ;-)

I've been mentioning you in interviews and dropping your name when
folks ask about the code.  I think you'd have been hired by four or
five places in the States by now if you were willing to move ;-)

We really need a 'contributors' page, as well as passing some
interviews your way :-)

Monty