[vorbis-dev] http://www.vorbis.com/download.new.html is down

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Tue Dec 26 19:17:31 PST 2000

> That said, we'd only have half the stuff to complain about if Intel chips
> were designed a little more like the Alphas and Sun's chips.  Yes, buffers
> still overflow on them but I dare you to try and execute it!

Is this a bet? :-)

Intel's architecture is not that much worse _per se_, but they make
much too much little evil hacks "hey, if we do it like this, it
will be almost like what we really wanted and still be backwards
compatible to the abacus".

Now about the "heated discussions": I'm not a native English speaker,
and even then, English != American; I'm not the only one like this
on the Vorbis lists, and we sometimes don't appreciate the finer
points of what people are saying. So a "heated discussion" might
be thought of as "downright flaming". So please be easy on us :-)

(I do agree about talking overheated helps the discussion; just
know who you are talking to).

Dagdag,

Segher